APPLY FOR GRANT FUNDING
Water Efficiency Grant Program
- The WID is currently accepting applications for reimbursement to producers of up to 40% (to a maximum of $4000) for the conversion of high pressure pivots to low pressure.
- Our program only covers sprinkler conversion packages, upgrades to control panels or complete new low pressure pivots.
- Applications are limited to one conversion per farming operation and must be for work done after December 1, 2017.
- Retroactive applications will not be considered.
- Contact the office for more information and application forms.
Each application must include:
- Completion of a Long-term Irrigation Management Plan.
- Invoices and receipts for all eligible costs claimed.
- All producers within the WID with a high-pressure pivot should have received an information package in the mail and follow-up communication from the district.
- If you are a producer with a high-pressure pivot that has not received the information and follow-up, please contact Eric Beingessner (Operations Superintendent) for details.
- Initial funding is limited however, should applications and interest from high-pressure pivot owners exceed available funds, the WID Board would consider increasing total funds available in order to achieve more water efficiency.
Sustainable Canadian Agricultural Partnership Water Program (SCAP)
This federal-provincial partnership delivers grant programs that generate sustainable economic growth in the agicultural and agri-food sector.
Read more about how this partnership can work for you.